14 November 2008

What's Cookin'--- Pork Steak With Basil& Mushroom Sauce

And let the cooking begin! This is my first recipe to be posted here on Blogger. I thought of CRAVINGS to be my title simply because, most of my recipes are experimented thru the taste I wanted to achieve. I can cook a regular Sinigang, but I make sure I add something to make a distinction saying: "hey! that is my recipe"
Most of my recipes are passed-over by my Mom and Grandmother who rooted all the way from Pampanga. Pure Kapampangan. And they are very famous for their native- cooking expertise.
I also post some recipes from the cookbook. That is, if I was able to get the right result. I am also into gourmet cooking. Fresh herbs are my thing. I keep a bunch of fresh basil in my crisper all the time. For it is the most flexible herb. Gourmet caters to most of my family's occasions.
Sometimes you'll find me cooking late at night trying a recipe or again, experimenting. Like this Pork Steak I will share today. I gathered the ingredients available in my freezer, crisper and pantry. I was stirring 3am in the morning. Boy do I make our neighbors hungry while they're asleep :) Weird for somebody cooking at this time :) I can't help it!

Moving On! I now introduce to you....

Pork Steak with Basil & Mushroom Sauce
What You Will Be Needing:

4 slices of Pork Steak
1 can button mushrooms (fresh is better)
a handful of fresh basil (- the stems) (chopped if desired)
1 red bell pepper (sliced o chopped if desired)
salt & pepper (to taste)
3 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
1 whole garlic (chopped or minced)
2 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch mixed in 1 taza of tap water
2tbsp olive oil (for sauteeing)

How To:
1. Treat Pork with salt and pepper
2.Pan fry until golden brown

note:you can use regular oil for frying.

3. Set aside pork in a serving platter

4. In a sauce pan saute garlic in olive oil until golden brown
5. Add chopped mushrooms
6. Add oyster sauce (medium heat, Keep stirring)
7. Add cornstarch Mixture (low fire)
8. Taste---add salt and pepper if needed
9. If all thick and perfect, add the fresh basil or (you can all top it first on the pork, then the sauce)
10.Top over the pork
11. Add red bell pepper to garnish



Best served with a platter of Fresh garden Salad & Vinaigrette.


Enjoy!Happy Eating!

Big Hugs!

Edited---I will be using What's Cookin' for my ecipes :)


No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...