10 July 2013

She Wants My Life

It's a bit hard to start this post because I want to share a scenario that happened early this morning with a friend of mine but I can't really share details with respect for the person. I was just told about it. It's nothing new, but I after quite sometime, here I am again sharing my thoughts on how I was able to attain this position in life.

My mommy friends often thinks that what I do everyday is easy. I am typing in this blog of what would I've advised the person involve if I was asked directly.

There are so many things to consider if you want to shift from being a hard working mom to a full- time mother and wife. 

In my case:

From the very beginning, my husband requested me if I can be a full- time mom and wife. That he will work hard to provide for his family and me on the other hand will take care of our family's over-all wellness. I didn't think twice, I automatically said yes with the set up and it naturally flowed in our family.

One of the perks of staying at home full- time is PEACE OF MIND. My husband and I never considered of hiring a helper or someone to look after our kids. The thought of a total stranger in our very own house is a bad idea for us.
Here's the life- changing part. 

I was 25 years old when I got married. I did have a plan for my future and like everyone else, I had so much urge to make it happen. I was out watching bands, smoking and drinking beer, I shopped using my dad's credit card, I was at the highest point of watching over nothing else but myself. All I think about is myself, what's mine, I and me...

The moment I vowed under the sacred bond of marriage, everything changed. There were adjustments and sacrifices made and that includes detachment of what I once was and of what I used to have.

The sacrifices I make everyday is putting my family on top of my priority list. Meaning,  my personal needs and wants will come in last. Financially, I'm broke. I get by with whatever is given to me and I save it. But I don't feel less of a person and so lowly. My husband takes care of me, he is a very good provider.

My work everyday goes around a routine from keeping my boys healthy, safe, happy and loved. To cleaning the house, running errands, doing a man's job when my husband is not around, being the mom and dad at the same time when my husband is working, making difficult decisions, cooking healthy dishes. I can also be a teacher, a nurse, a carpenter, a plumber, a mechanic and a pest controller at times. I'm more resourceful now. Name it, I'll see what I can do to make it work. 

Staying at home 24/7 doesn't imply that I lounge around all the time. My husband and I have other plans such as putting up a food business. Something that will keep us occupied once our kids are all grown up and running their own lives. You see, I still get to work.

Ladies, don't just decide on something on your own if it involves your family especially your children. It may look easy watching me and taking note of what I do, but remember from the moment I got married, I was already conditioned not to work and to undergo extreme adjustments. That's why my so "inspiring" status (which some mommy friends of mine would call), turned out right for me. 

It's always best to talk things with your other half or with whoever is there for you and compromise. I work hand in hand with my husband all the time and I absorb inspirations from my mother who is also full- time housewife. With that, I said yes to the life I have right now because I trust my husband and I know that I can be the best mom and wife to my family.
photo

1 comment:

nurseabie said...

Being a full time mom and wife is not an easy task. Other people dont understand it.

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...