03 April 2014

Thinking of Baler this Summer?

A couple of days ago, I found out that someone I know went to Baler, Aurora over the weekend. I was shocked when that person said he didn't find Baler appealing and that he didn't enjoy his stay. In connection with that, just this evening, I was browsing thru my news feed on Facebook when I noticed that a lot from my contacts list are planning for a 2-day visit in Baler. I wanted to comment or advice these people, but then again, I don't want to spoil their evening. So here it is, the reason I made this post is to give light on what to expect on a 2-day trip to Baler, Aurora. 

To each his own, I know. I just feel it's unfair to say that you didn't enjoy Baler when you only stayed for 1 1/2 days. Okay, make that 2 days. It's sad to hear something unpleasant about a beautiful destination.

There's a lot to take into consideration.

Travel Time, Mode of Transportation, Road Hazards:

In my previous posts I mentioned that the road trip to Baler, Aurora via Pantabangan will take about 5-6 hours. Yeah traveling time is much shorter than going to Baguio. But please take note that to be able to reach Baler, you'll have to go up, cross and go down the Sierra Madre mountain. Travel time may be short, but... it is going to be quite a trip, a bit bumpy, and get a good driver by the way, the travel alone is going to be a challenge.

See:
Going To Baler


A Place To Stay:

In every vacation we all make, we choose what's going to be the most comfortable for us. In Baler, there's a lot of inns to choose from and they're all clean. If it's a short stay, might as well go for the nicer ones. I suggest Costa Pacifica. At least a place where you can rest well, rejuvenate after an exhausting day.

Tour: This is when it gets all tiring, doing everything in one day.

In Baler, you don't just swim. You explore, hike, trek, dive, surf and even walk your way to the nearest tourist spot.

But if you are still considering, here are some tips: If you don't have a car. In Baler, there's this so- called "Tricycle Tour" accredited by the Dept. of Tourism, it will take you to nearby tourist spots. Some inns and hotels "as I was told" during our last visit offer tour packages with comfortable transportation. The people of Aurora are very friendly, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please do surf, embrace the waves. 

For the past visits we made to Baler, it has always been a 4-day stay and yet even with the hotspots we've been to, it feels like we left a lot in Baler untouched.  Given this, what more if you will only go for a 2 -day stay.

Anyway, it all boils down with proper planning, research and a huge amount of time in order to enjoy and make any vacation/ experience worth remembering.  I'm sure, you're going to love Baler and it is going to be worth the trip.

Soon on this Blog: More of Baler

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...