27 September 2010

Sunday Activity: Shopping for Flowering Plants

One of the things I enjoy every Sunday is relaxing and planning things for the house. Since we now live "in a house", it's more fun and there are plenty of options, activities to do with my family. So yesterday, I asked my husband to accompany me to a nearby place to buy flowering plants. I have been on it a few months ago since we transferred. I need at least 3 or 4 pots to make my laundry area look nice. And to my excitement I even forgot the lady about the name of the flowers I just bought. (haha!)
Anyway, I was able to buy small pouches of the flowers for 25 bucks each. Then I asked them to plant it by 2s in a clay pot. I'm not good at taking care of plants, and most especially flowers. My first batch died immediately a few months after.
 When I got to the area, I asked the sales lady to choose a flowering plant for me that don't require too much sun and water and that can be both for indoor and outdoor purposes. It was a great choice, I've been seeing this plant everywhere, and I was told that it grows and blooms fast. This was also the very same plant planted at my late father-in-laws grave. It will look stunning once it branches out. My next project is to fill the small garden by our bedroom window with shrubs and I want a plant that grows small, purple, flowers. I didn't buy it yet, because I still need to measure the area. 

Imagine put them together, side by side, it is going to be an instant Lavender field- like by our window.

1 comment:

Tetcha said...

This is one of the many beautiful things that you get to enjoy when you have a lot of space in your home. This doesn't apply to condo living. My son only gets to see gardens and plants when we visit his lolo (my father) in Cavite.

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...