02 January 2013

Amazing Flicks- Fantastic Year- Ender

2012 has been a year for a bunch of good movies. Aside from summer, December is also a much-awaited month for awesome flicks. For December 2012, I had 3 on my list. It's such a big deal, because it's my first time to have 3 movies I looked forward to as a year- ender.
 
1. Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X
I am a very big fan... I used to watch the cartoon series on a local channel. Aside from the awesome fight scenes, the cartoon had a little twist of humor in it. Well, it was made for the kids. When I met my husband, he lent me a copy of the anime movie... (Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal and Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection) The story was far better than the cartoon series and it was nice to be able to watch and embrace the meaning of Kenshin's story. The people he met along his journey... same people who loved him and who took care of him. It was an emotional thing for me... It actually made me cry.
So when I saw the preview of the live- action film, I got very excited and immediately bought tickets. It was exclusive for SM Cinemas and shown for a limited period of time.
 
Here's my say about the movie. I love it! It's like watching the anime but in a live -action setting. From how Kenshin draws his Sakabatō ( a reverse-blade sword), the speed and moves... as if the anime was literally brought to life. Takeru Satoh gave justice to his role as Rurouni Kenshin.
 
You know what's crazy? My husband and I took our baby with us. We're very short of time with work and in preparation for the holidays, so we had no choice but to bring our little one. It was amazing how Mikee slept through the whole movie. I guess, some time- off with a good movie was meant to be given to us.
 
2. The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey
Ahhh... yes it's actually one of the most awaited flick for 2012. Again beating some time, especially with  the holidays coming, we had no choice but to take our baby with us. And again, he slept almost entire movie.
 
I am sure glad that Peter Jackson connected this movie with the Lord of The Rings. I once watched the animated film, I enjoyed it. But it is different and more exciting when The Hobbit was brought to the big screen. Finally, I get to grasp the story of the Dwarves. The Hobbit is an adventurous film.  I can't wait for part 2 and 3. I know that it is going to be more colorful with more characters, adventures and even misadventures.  There's not a dull moment in The Hobbit, I didn't even notice the time.
The soundtrack is amazing too. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Special Edition) for $17.99 on iTunes. Most of the songs sound so cool and relaxing... my children would go to sleep listening to it. Of course, my favorite Misty Mountains.

Lastly, I prayed that Les Miserables is going to be released before Christmas. You know what, I've been reading bad reviews about the whole live singing thing... But hell with that, there will always be haters. I love the whole idea when the actors sang live for the movie. The preview alone gave me goosebumps. Anne Hathaway, you're the best! and it's really nice that Anne looked up to our very own Ms. Lea Salonga.

Unfortunately, Les Miserables is scheduled to be shown here in the Philippines January 2013 giving way for the MMFF 2012 movies. Few more days of waiting...

By the way, I am really sorry for not touching so much on reviewing the movies. It's best to see these flicks for yourself and see why I'm liking them so much :D Anyway, I'm still happy that I was able to watch 2 from my list of movies for December 2012.

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...