05 October 2015

This Blog Is Active

I just remembered, a few months ago, I received an email from an old blogger pal. We were both part of the original line up of mom bloggers years ago. 

Years ago was when Entrecard still exist, you make drops and visits, when bloggers give each other awards, when Memes were super in and when PR ranking matters big time. This mommy blogger who emailed me was surprised that I'm still "blogging" and haven't lost touch. 

The only change I've made on this site is the title, the look and the amount of posts I make. But overall, everything else is the same. My side bar is still there with the disclosure and pr ranking. I have my archives and search engine ready. Since I'm already on this topic, may I also share that a few readers emailed me and asked why I don't have a Facebook page for my bogs. Actually they were also encouraging me to put up one (a Facebook page). Having 2 blogs is enough for me. I'm happy and there's this sense of contentment with what I already have. It's serving its main purpose that's why.

This weekend, I was able to find time to check on some things for both my personal and food blog.  I went through my blog list or links of my fellow bloggers and websites that I like. Apparently, a lot has changed this past years. Out of 120 (just an estimate) links, only 15 remained active.

Most sites doesn't exist anymore and some are inactive (last post was dated 3-4 years ago) something like that. Part of the 15 active links survived because of advertisements, sponsors and promos, the rest are still running through real posts.

Whatever the reasons are why blogging per se is slowly fading away, I have full respect to those who got into it and shared their stories with us, same to those who are still posting about their ongoing journey and articles that really make sense.

Blogging is already part of my life so it would be difficult to just let it go especially when I look at it as a form of outlet for my thoughts and feelings. You'll definitely see more from me. The only thing that's in- between me and posting are my added responsibilities as a parent. But that can be taken cared of, just like now, I'm able to blog. Through the years I've grown in this system, when a blog has a personal touch to it, one can make posts freely but comes with great responsibility.

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...