29 November 2018

2 Sides of The Story

In relation to the post I made entitled 2018 The Onlisystem, in this entry, I'll be shedding light on how I personally feel about the unfortunate event that transpired. I will look on the idea in this whole fiasco, "if" there are still 2 sides that exist. 

In everything we do, it's always only for the good or for the bad. We give and we take. The only thing that will make the difference is when we give more, if we give less, or if we take less and we take more. Given both "choices", it greatly define our intentions on situations and most especially towards others.

I highlighted the word "choices" because it will be the measurement and my basis why in the story about The Onlisystem, there is only one side to consider. Everything I shared in that post are based on facts, we have photos and documents to back things up.

We chose to work with a friend for the build- out of my parents' house because "we trust" that he will deliver. He guaranteed everything verbally. Whatever what was agreed upon, it was verbally emphasized that we, as clients will get our money's worth in restoring our precious home. 

Everything flowed naturally. Like I said, it started out well, but right in the middle of it, we knew that we were already being taken advantage of. It's hard to explain on text, better to see the site or "our house" in person, but why go through that when it's done. The mistake was made.

We gave our friend a chance to attend to the concerns. We reached out to him several times, even through my husband, his close friend. My father had to come up with other things they can work on to give them opportunities to fix the problem and still earn. They ignored everything, and that my friends was a choice! Even given opportunities to fix the problem and damages, he, they let it pass like nothing happened. 

As clients, it's normal for us to ask and question because we are spending money. Can't that be enough to put value on somebody's dream to have his house fixed so it can serve his family? We entrusted our family life, our stories with him and yet...

Once we make a choice, it means whatever it is that is involve, has brushed our heads, giving us time to think and gauge how are we going to get through, and what are the next steps we need to take.  In this case, our friend whom we trusted, chose to leave things hanging. He chose not to face and fix the mess made, he chose to proceed like he didn't do any damage. Is it even worth to know the other side of the story? 

Given any situation, the next best thing anyone could have done was to face the problem. Exert effort and show that if that's not who you are, take the moment or opportunity to prove yourself. In running a business, everything will be thrown at you, what we had was just minor compared to those who spend time in court, and they can't even face the facts.

My family has fell victim to these types of people, you know, opportunists. For everytime things like these happen, we let it go, because the Universe will take care of them sooner or later.

I'll be honest, my family has learned to let it go already, it's me who is stuck with disbelief.

It saddens me and it breaks my heart to know that my parents has no choice but to swallow and deal with what was given to them. To live with this everyday, is shattering. This whole thing made me feel like I delivered the wrong person right at our very door steps, not a friend. 

 It is not easy for me to shrug it off because I considered the person who did all these things as family. We all considered him and his wife as family.

I am baffled by what just happened. Why it happened.

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...