22 August 2012

Music To My Ears: Rock of Ages

This has got to be one of the best Rock n' Roll album I've ever listened too. Contains the greatest mashups ever recorded. Rock of Ages is originally a musical. Broadway has been featuring this hit since 2009 up to the present. The music goes around the 80's glam rock up to the early 90's. This year, Rock of Ages was brought to the big screen with an all-star cast ready to bring the house down with awesome music. Tom Cruise played as Stacey Jaxx went through rigid training five hours a day with Axl Rose, Keith Richards and Jim Morrison. Catherine Zeta- Jones, well we all know the splendid job she did with Chicago. One of my favorite songs in the movie was from Catherine Zeta- Jones: Hit Me With Your Best Shot!
Julianne Hough played Sherrie Christian, her voice was spectacular. And I got familiar with Julianne Hough through the Rock of Ages. This lady will make it up there.

Since the featured songs and genre were the songs I grew up with, it was pleasing to hear how some of my favorites was liven up with new versions or call it mashups. My ultimate favorite in the album is the More Than Words/Heaven mashup (Diego Boneta and Julianne Hough). It's the greatest! Got the full album from iTunes too ;D

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...