07 June 2011

Keeping My Faith

It's been years since I first shared my enduring faith and love for Our Lady, Mary Mediatrix Of All Grace Lipa Batangas. My mom introduced me to this belief that with continuous prayer, love for others and faith, miracles do happen and prayers are going to be answered. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Lipa City was a miracle that happened in my life. When I was younger, my faith was not as solid as it is today. I was young, I was out and about like a typical single lady. When I got married, I saw the reality of life and I didn't wait for hardships to come in the way just to say a prayer. Being a mother is a task filled with great responsibilities. And most of the time, I ask for strength and wisdom so I can nurture and guide my family to goodness.
And so, my mom brought me to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Lipa City to say grace and ask for the guidance I'm looking for. I wasn't expecting for an answer, I wasn't expecting for a miracle. After my first visit, life continued. Deep inside my mind, I told myself that I can venture into this stage with peace of mind. Along my journey into motherhood and having a family life for 7 years, faith brought a certain calmness within me. Is this the answer to my prayers? I believe it is, when there is inner peace, we're inspired to do things that will always be for the betterment of everyone, not only for oneself. Life has never been this good to me and my family.  Believe it or not, I've never been this contented before. I grew up as a woman without money, a social life and I've never traveled, all these things that an ordinary person would want, yet I feel that I am the richest person. I am very grateful, that with my family, I was given the satisfaction no material can ever replace.
My visit to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Lipa City went on every year or at least twice or 3 times a year. My next visits was never about asking for more, I go back to give thanks for the blessings being showered at my whole family, including my parents and my siblings. My recent visit was to give praise and thanks for this gift of life given to me and my family. 

At home, I continue to pray to Our Lady, Mary, of Mediatrix Of All Grace. She is a Mother to me. There are times when I dream of her and the feeling is just unexplainable. Since my first visit, I've surrendered everything to Her and to The Almighty.

Faith... Faith is based on love, hope, patience, trust, compassion and sacrifice. As long as we know to work these virtues in life, miracles will happen and prayers are going to be answered.

No comments:

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...