Mommy Moments: Diamond Crevasse

03 February 2011


mommy moments

Diamond Crevasse, the song that I will be sharing for this week's theme, is a Japanese song. Part of the Original Soundtrack of the Japanese animated science fiction drama, Macross Frontier.  My husband introduced this song to me late in 2007. From then on, it's been our favorite song. The lyrics and the flow of music is very soothing. I love singing along with it. The rest of the soundtrack is amazing. I wanted to share another song called YOUSEI, also from the Macross soundtrack. But Diamond Crevasse alone is a beautiful song. It's the perfect song to share because my son loves Macross Frontier too.
The story of Macross Frontier develops on the love triangle of the 3 main characters:

May'n (Sheryl: a famous pop singer),  
Alto (a military pilot)
Nakajima Megumi (Ranka: your ordinary girl who dreamed to become a pop singer)
FYI: Nakajima Megumi (who plays Ranka) is half Filipino. She's the one wearing blue. Nice right? I'm so proud of her...
The rest of the events circles around on defeating enemy aliens.


kami-sama ni koi wo shiteta koro ha
konna wakare ga kuru to ha omottenakatta yo
mou nido to furerarenainara
semete saigo ni mou ichido dakishemete hoshikatta yo

When I fell in love with God,
I never thought a parting like this will ever come.
If you won’t touch me one last time,
at least in the end, I hoped you’ll hold me one more time.


It’s long long good-bye…

sayonara sayonara nando datte
jibun ni mujou ni iikikasete
te wo furu no ha yasashisa dayo ne?
ima tsuyosa ga hoshii

Farewell, goodbye. I’ll say it how many times it takes.
You warned me about my heartless self,
The hand you waved at me was gentle huh?
And now, it wishes for strength.


anata ni deai STAR kagaite atashi ga umarete
aisureba koso aiareba koso
kibou no nai kiseki wo matte dou naru no?
namida ni nijimu hoshi no matataki ha gone…

When I met you, the STARS shined and I was reborn.
If you love, if it’s love,
What will the hopeless miracle you wait for become?
The planet’s wink that runs to your tears is gone…


wasurenai yo anata no nukumori mo
sono yasashisa mo subete tsutsundekureta ryoute mo
It’s long long good-bye…

I won’t forget your warmth,
that tenderness, nor those hands that embraced everything.
It’s long long good-bye…

sayonara sayonara itoshii hito
anata ga ita kara aruitekoreta
hitori nanka janakatta yo ne?
ima kotae ga hoshii

Farewell, goodbye my beloved.
Because you were there, I could walk forward.
It wasn’t anything like loneliness huh?
And now, I want your answer.


moeru youna ryuusei tsukamaete hi wo tomoshite
aishiteitai aisaretetai
hieta KARADA hitotsu de sekai ha dou naru no?
hari tsudzuketeta kyousei ga toketeku long for…

Grab the light of the burning meteors and light a fire.
I want to love, I want to be loved.
What will the world do with this cold body?
Continuing to stretch the melting bluff is what I long for…


doushite nano? namida afurete tomerarenai

Why is it? That I can’t stop my overflowing tears?

anata ni deai STAR kagaite atashi ga umarete
aisureba koso aiareba koso
kibou no nai kiseki wo matte dou naru no?
namida ni nijimu hoshi no matataki ha gone…

When I met you, the STARS shined and I was reborn.
If you love, if it’s love,
What will the hopeless miracle you wait for become?
The planet’s wink that runs to your tears is gone…


moshi umare kawatte mata meguriaeru nara
sono toki mo kitto atashi wo mitsukedashite
mou nido to hasanaide tsukamaetete
hitori janai to sasayaite hoshii planet…

If I were to be reborn, and if we meet again,
I’m sure at that time, you’ll come looking for me.
Don’t let go of that second chance, grab it firmly.
“I’m not alone” is what I whisper to the planet…


What's your favorite love song? Please share it with us at: Mommy Moments

9 comments:

MaxiVelasco said...

Hello Enchie! It has been awhile since the last time I've been here. Sorry about that.... :)

Thank you for sharing the song. Cool to see the translation...


Have a great Thursday! See you around!

Mauie Flores said...

Wow, I feel so emotional while listening to the song even without reading the translation. I love the melody!

Nice choice, mommy! Hope you can also listen to my Love Song here.

Chris said...

wow, nice and unique choice for today.. i am so glad you are back in mommy moments Enchie! :D

Tetcha said...

Poignant and hopeful at the same time. What a beautiful love song, Mommy!

Jona said...

nice to hear from you again Ench! that's a nice song. i like japanese songs, i was able to memorize one japanese song, hehe :D
the half-filipina girl in the video is trying hard to fight her tears, makes me teary-eyed tuloy ehe :D
My Mommy Moments

seth said...

Happy mommy Moments!

denzki said...

i couldn't view the vid :( but the song lyrics is nice, naintriga tuloy ako sa anime. hehe, will ask hubby to download it =) thanks for sharing mommy.

simply kim said...

hmmm.. very nice, thanks for sharing!

Cookie said...

Hello Enchie!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the comment. I enjoyed reading your blogs. Thank you also for sharing this song. I've only watched few anime shows but I might try to see this one. My current MM entry is at this url: http://www.zoeandchloe.info/

Have a pleasant week!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS