29 July 2010

Our Bedtime Routine With Johnson's Baby Bedtime



Sleep is one of the most important factors in releasing growth hormones, most especially for very young babies.While your baby sleeps, her little body produces 3x more growth hormones.
The good news is there is a way to promote better sleep for your baby: through a consistent nightly bedtime routine.
Learn more about the JOHNSON´S® Baby Bedtime Routine, clinically proven to stretch your baby´s sleep by as much as 23%.
In addition to the JOHNSON´S® Baby Bedtime Routine and products, there are countless other ways you can help your baby fall asleep and even share bonding moments in the process!
0o0o

Getting ready for bed is one of the things that I truly enjoy with my son. As parents, my husband and I consider this as one of our precious bonding moment with our child. And since birth, bath time is the most anticipated by my little boy. I have been using Johnson and Johnson products as a kid and believe me, up to this very moment it's part of my shopping list. I have my own baby lotion, cologne and the ever soft Johnson and Johnson baby powder. When the bedtime collection came out, I immediately tried it and without a question, it became  my ultimate J and J product.


Our nightly routine starts with my child finishing dinner, brushing his teeth and taking a warm bath with Johnson and Johnson Bedtime Wash. The sweet scent of Lavander relaxes the body and soothens the mind. From my son's bedtime wash to his baby powder, down to his lotion, it's all Bedtime products. When all set to take a good night sleep, I read him his favorite book. Sometimes, it's the other way around, he's the one reading it to me. We also say a good night prayer and we take a little time talking and giggling. As he closes his eyes, I give my son a good massage. It's a routine ever since he was a baby and I still continue it now that he is 5 years old.

Early last year, I received a book, a gift from my parents. It serves as a guide on massages for children. There are spots in the child's body that's needed to be reached and areas should be handled with great caution.

Please read a related entry here: Healing Touch For Children a book by: Mary Atkinson
A massage routine is considered as a healing method.
  1. Encourage better-quality sleep, leading to an improved temperament.
  2. Encourages a healthy immune system, helping to prevent fight infections.
  3. Provides a valuable opportunity to share time together---having fun.
  4. Builds trust and intimacy through non-verbal communication.
  5. Tales away child's mind from worries and doubts.
Basic Massage Routine---head, shoulder and back

This series of movements takes around 7-10 mins. Perform it gently with soothing strokes.
  • First fold---resting your hands on your child's shoulders
  • Back Circles---Stroking your hands up and around your child's back at the shoulder blade area.
  • Back Rubbing---Rubbing across the upper back, tops of the shoulders, upper arm in small zigzag movements. 
  • Shoulder Kneading---Gently knead the soft flesh beneath on your child's shoulders.
  • Beating On The Upper Back
  • Back Stroking 
  • Arm Patting
  • Arm Kneading 
  • Shoulder Stroking 
  • Neck Rubbing 
  • Head Rubbing
  • Hair Shampooing 
  • Tabla On the Head---Gently drum the pads of your fingers in a random fashion all over your child's head. 
  • Head and Shoulder StrokingTemple Circles 
  • Forehead Stroking
Best with Johnson and Johnson Bedtime Lotion. A good massage helps with the development of the skeletal, muscular and psychological aspects of the infant/child. 
 My little boy sleeping well at 8 months
A mother or a father's touch helps make them feel relaxed and at ease.  The gift of security is important for the child's early growth and development.

1 comment:

pehpot said...

Hi Mommy Enchie,

Thanks much for joining the contest, winners will be announced next week :)

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...