07 October 2009

Sunny Goodnews!

Again I started my day enjoying a sunny and windy weather. Thank God for this cool change. I mean, we need it so badly to relax a bit while rebuilding our homes, our cars, putting together our minds and hearts and moving forward with what's left behind.

Today, let me share some of that relaxing and joyful experience with you. As we all know, our car went underwater during that unwelcoming day when typhoon Ketsana came. From the looks of it, we felt that it would be impossible to put things back together. Good thing that we own an old car. Meaning, no computer box damaged (which will most likely cost 5,000-100,000 to have it repaired if we have one). All we did was to wait for the car to dry, and here comes the mechanic/s. Yup! The talyer (car shop) people of 10 came to our place just to fix our car. Just 1 car. I was overwhelmed with what I saw. They brought the whole shop with them. Tools, man power, cleaning equipments. All we can do was to provide food. For lunch, we bought them food from Mcdonalds. Merienda, 2 boxes of pizza and ice cold Coke. How I wish, we could have given more. Friends were behind this heart-warming effort. You know who you are... Thank you very much!Graphics


We've heard stories of survival through people we interacted with today. From the cab driver who took me to Cubao, the car mechanics, the pizza person... they all said it was terrible that day (Sept. 26, 2009)... But they still strived to go back to their normal lives and continue without looking back anymore. One thing is for sure... they/ we all learned our lesson from mother nature.

To add some sunshine, I received a package just last Friday from a family in GA. Two of the things I got really brightened my week. A cute sundress from my mother-in-law... and yehey! to officially start a Sunny full day...
New sunnies for me!

Thanks to our Mama and to my sister-in-law! It will cost another 1 0r 2,000 Php just buying a new pair. Well, my old sunglasses went underwater too, it was inside the car's comparment (instant goggles). That's why I'm very happy. Some good news ey! Or at least reasons to inspire my every day.

9 comments:

Chris said...

thank God for friends! :D im so glad for you..

Rare Recel said...

Such beautiful reasons to be inspired, brightened, and continue living life! I'm glad to hear for positive feedback this time around Enchie! You deserved those gifts!

Enchie said...

@ Chris Amen to that! I seldom share facts about our friends. They're are one of our precious blessings received.

Enchie said...

@ Recel thank you! thank you! The sun is indeed up and shining brightly.

Willa said...

Great friends are great blessing from God.

Liz said...

Good friends brighten our days. I'm glad to hear you're all ok despite what happened.

Kami rin we're ok at hindi naman nabaha, Thank God.

Thanks for dropping by. Maulan na naman ang Thursday natin.

Jac said...

Our friends are blessing. Thank God that everything is back to normal na... Thank you Enchie for sharing ythe good news to us!!

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

so sweet naman ni mom-in-law...
glad the weather there is fine na ^_^

Clarissa said...

Great friends are hard to find--glad you found them and happy to hear that!!I'm happy for you!!^_^

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...