02 July 2009

Music In A Different Language

I started with Diamond Crevasse Entry Here. A Japanese love song sang by May 'N for the Macross Frontier OST. In fact I listened and sang along the whole album, with lyrics on hand. Its a good thing that most have English translations.
Listening to a song of different language made me discover 2 things.
1. The lyrics is heart-warming.
2. I know the singer sings the song from deep within, even if I can't understand a single word.
Since I'm hooked at this series called Boys Over Flowers (I'm sure you've heard of it), I looked for their OST and found out that it has 2 parts. One of the songs that I truly adore is the song Love U by: Howl.

Photobucket
Lyrics: English translation after each verse...Hope you'll like it!
Jakku iksukhan hyanggi naneyo
geudael seuchyeotdeon barami
Jigeum nae gyeoteul jinaganabwayo
Naui gaseumsoge geudaemaneul
bichuneun haessaringabwayo
Apeun sangcheokkaji gamssajuneungeollyo
Love U geudael tteoollimyeo
ije dasi kkok nuneul gamjyo
Oooh… Ohhh… Ohhh…

VERSE 1:
It’s strange how we can get along so well
You must have been my other half
At times, I’d think what if I had not let go Oh oh…
But deep within my heart
I just want you to let me stay here by your side
I’d be so thankful if I could just see you smile
Love U
You’re so precious to me
Just once…
I want to shout to the world


Chorus:
Saranghae geudae du nun chaeul su itdamyeon
Saranghae geudae naege useum boyeojundamyeon
Jeogi byeolbitmajeodo modu gajyeoda jultende ohhh...
Saranghae ireon nae mam jeonhal su itdamyeon
Saranghae geudae geu mam gareuchyeo jundamyeon
Na modu darmagalkkeyo
Love you, Love you, Love you yeongwonhi
CHORUS:
I love you like the sun that shines brightly in the sky
I love you like the moon that sparkles each and every night
Even if just as a friend
Yet I don’t need anything more
Ohhh…
I love you and I promise you I will never change
I love you and I promise you I will watch over you
Can’t help but to treasure you
Love U Love U Love U
For always
Geudae ttaraseo geotgo isseoyo jeogi dalbit dwie sumeo
Geuri nunchi eobseumyeon eotteokhaeyo
Birado naerige gureumege tto hanbeon butakhalkkayo
Jeojeun geudae maeum ana jul su itge
VERSE 2:
You know that you can always run to me
When things just seem to get too tough
I know you love someone else, what can I do? Oh oh…
It’s too late to regret
If you let me, I just want to be close to you
Without you, I don’t know how to live anymore
Love U geudael tteoollimyeo
ije dasi kkok nuneul gamjyo
[Repeat Chorus]
Love U
Having you is enough
Just once…
I want to shout to the world
(Repeat Chorus minus last line)
Only U
Listen To The Whole Song

2 comments:

J@n!ce said...

I cant wait for the show every Sat to be cast over here. I borrowed the VCD from my sis & watched them all in just 2 days. LOL :)

Such gorgeous & rich guy.... ... *dreaming*

Karen said...

hahaha i'm like that too...When i got hooked with all the taiwanese and korean series like Meteor Garden, Princess Hours, Hana Kimi and more, i searched for the songs and what it means heehee and somehow memorized it. And it is true their songs are all heart-warming. :D

The Positive Effects of ECQ

( E nhanced C ommunity Q uarantine) Hi folks! I know its taking forever for this pandemic to end. As far as I know, the world is on loc...