Mommy Moments--- With Pets and Animals

02 July 2009

mommy moments

So where do we go to find time mingling with animals? That's none other than the ZOO! One of the most family-friendly zoo we went to, is the Ark of Avilon Tiendesitas. The main Avilon Zoo is located in Montalban Rizal. The Avilon Montalban Zoological Park is the largest zoological park in the Philippines, to date. The 7.5-hectare of the zoo lies in the picturesque valley of Barrio San Isidro, Rodriguez (formerly Montalban), Rizal, Philippines. I am so happy that they opened a zoo to a more accessible area.

We all know that part of our visit is animal interaction. At the tiendesitas branch, they have a mini ranch (petting zoo) for the rabbits, guinea pigs and a cow. For a certain amount, the child is allowed to feed the rabbits and guinea pigs. As shown in the photos.
The wild animals are caged and viewed through a thick glass window.
This was taken April of 2008. My hair was still short and my son was just 3 1/2 years old.
My husband---so brave. So brave with the glass between them.
I wouldn't want my son to miss on the famous Manila Zoo. The old zoo is cleaner now but with less animals. No giraffe, which I am very excited for my son to see. But thank God an elephant still exist. The zoo is more like a park where we can bring some food, enjoy a good meal while our children play nearby. They still have the boating area by the way.
And this is me in an improved location within Manila Zoo. With the Llamas, deer and some hairless sheeps.
And lastly, still yours truly at the Tagaytay Zoo pregnant with Franky. It's the only zoo he (franky) haven't visited yet. It is a cozy petting zoo. We plan to take him there soon. When I went here, I truly enjoyed the place. It was clean and well-organized. Not to forget the perfect weather Tagaytay has. At the low part of the place, there is a small, open- restaurant where you can relax and view the Taal Volcano. Isn't that nice!
Share your zoo moments with us at: Mommy Moments

22 comments:

Beth said...

wow ang aga! aga ko din magcomment! :)

wow, Franky is so cute while petting the zoo. Looks like he enjoyed the visit! :)

Fave naman namin Manila Zoo, kasi naman mejo malapit lang kesa sa ibang zoo. Thanks for sharing the photos! Love ko un pic mo with the donkey! :) Sexy ka pa din khit preggy!

Momma Bams said...

Wow.. i always love animals, kaya love ko pumupunta sa mga zoo park or safari. Kaya lang manila zoo pa lang napupuntahan ko dyan.. di ko alam na madami rin pala zoo park..

Nwei lovely pics =) TGIF

Chris said...

we only have been to the outside of Avilon Zoo :) we were attending a party at a nearby place then.. and only Kyla was able to go to Manila Zoo... it was their field trip last year.

I wish they would rehabilitate Manila Zoo... or have more animals...

anyway, you looked real pretty on your last photo! :D

Jacris said...

Wow ang ganda ng place and I love all the pictures ang cute nyo together.Btw almost 10 to 15 years ata yung last visit ko sa Manila zoo,nagulat ako because ibang iba na sya compare nung dati.

Have a blessed Friday Ench,Good night=)

Stacie said...

Looks like a fun time.

Twinkie said...

So brave nga ng asawa mo ha! Hehe!

Ang cute ng guinea pigs! Super saya pihado ni Franky!

At tama ka, I hope we could bring Mia to Manila Zoo too. Or Malabon Zoo where my hubby and I grew up... I mean Malabon, not the zoo. :D

Karen said...

ooo when i read the title and read the word zoo it made me scroll down slowly hahahaha i might see some animals that scares me, i'm a scardy cat heehee, rabbits are so cute *giggles*...The last time i went to Manila zoo was like ages ago...i think i was 9 years old just after the death of my father my mom's sister decided to take us all (my fam)for a vacation, nakita ko pa ung Giraffe nun heehee wala na pala ngayon? awts. I had alot of fun as i can remember, and that's 18 years ago. ahaha aw man! would love to visit one soon...just don't let me see the snakes *bites nails*

☆♥ ☆Willa☆♥ ☆ said...

sayang hindi kami napunta ng Avilon Zoo, pero napanood ko iyon na feature sa Animal Planet channel,about some kind of exotic lizard na sa Phils lang matatagpuan.
My MommyMoments

SASSY MOM said...

Avilon Zoo is a nice place for kids to go. It's so huge -- napagod ako nun kakahabol sa boy ko.

Cool photos, Mommy Enchie!

~wickedlysexy c",? said...

you are a stunning preggy on that last picture....ako walang picture nung preggy kasi ayokong magpa picture, haha!

hope to go to Avilon one day...


Mommy Moments ko

Tetcha said...

Buti pa si Franky he's been to different zoos na. We haven't taken Justin to any zoo yet, so he doesn't have that much encounter with animals. We'll include that in our agenda for this year. By the way, thanks for the Friendship Chain tag. I will post it on my blog soon.

onlinemommy said...

I have been in Avilon Montalban mommy, and I really appreciate the place. Super linis and complete pa ung mga animals.

I haven't bring there my daughter though, layo kse ang me dadaanan pang rough road. I am also glad that they open a branch in a more accessible location and I only learned it from you. Thanks.

Sarah said...

Hello Mommy, been here visiting. I haven't been in that place. I guess, it's fun to be there.

kikamz said...

That's so cute! they have a petting zoo... good place to interact with the animals. Here naman in Wilhelma Zoo, they have a nursery for the apes and although guests cannot pet them for safety reasons, we can still enjoy watching them playing and being pet and fed by the caretakers.

Evan's Mom said...

Great pictures. It must be a fun experience for him feeding the rabbits and guinea pigs. Have a good weekend mommy :)

Jes said...

wow naka ilan n kong miss sa mommy moments ah =0 ehehhe nweis d ko lg tlga maasikaso...il catch up with you guys kpag d n ko busy masyado =)

thnks sa friendship chain =) d ko n ulit post kasi na post ok n yun eh ehehehe =) salamat!

Seiko said...

It's really been a long time since we'd last visit Manila zoo,I guess my eldest was about 5 years of age,may Giraffee pa rin nung time na yon.Thanks for sharing this Mommy Enchie!

darly said...

Hi Momi Enchie,

Sayang we weren't able to visit Avilon Zoo when we're in Manila... Your kids (including hubby- hehehe), mukhang enjoy talaga.

Have a fun weekend po.

jeng said...

You look pretty Mommy pregnant or not ; ) Your kids seemed to really like animals. ; )

Cecile said...

very nice pix, chie; thanks for sharing :-)

pehpot said...

Ang ganda nga sa Avilon, susyal na zoo hehe..hindi pa kame nakakapunta sa Tagaytay Zoo and in Manila Zoo.. sa Malabon Zoo pa lang kaso ampanget naman dun, masyadong masikip, nakakaawa ung mga animals..

salamat sa bisita sa aking animal encounter


Make or Break

Clarissa said...

Great adventures with animals!!I'm sure nag-enjoy si Franky!!Ang ganda mo palang magbuntis--how envious!!\(^0^)/

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS