Weekend Snapshot---In Celebration of The 111th Philippine Independence Day

14 June 2009




We enjoyed a long weekend! My husband went on leave Thursday. So can you imagine we had 4 days straight of pure loafing.

We went shopping for food and supplies. It was really a blessing to be able to go to Farmers Market with somebody (my husband) who can help carry my purchases. I got everything we need.

Friday, I continued watching part II of Meteor Garden...I wish it will never end. I'm down to the last 4 episodes.

Saturday we went to the QC Circle to have a relaxing stroll. It was nice to revisit this place again. We would usually hang out at the park of the Memorial Circle. Our last visit was last year. Same month. The time when I was wishing to have a nicer camera.
We had ice cream, and snacks in a local store within the premises. It was great to visit The Circle again. I just love watching the people play sports, families bond, children running around and even photographers doing their stuff. The place is very family-friendly which can contribute to a healthy bonding.

Afterwards, we took my sister around the UP Campus. She will be taking her entrance exam there this August, we made her feel the college atmosphere. Walked to the Oblation Statue and took some pictures.


*The Oblation Statue is a man facing upward with arms wide open, symbolizing being selfless offering of oneself to his country.

To Join, go to: Weekend Snapshot

22 comments:

Meikah said...

Cool weekend you had there. I also enjoy these long holidays when my husband and I can drive around the metro and explore places/restos. :) Have a great week ahead.

Ebie said...

I love the first photo with the Flag, it symbolizes our freedom; and the last one, has a beautiful color combination. Men are always very handy to tug along with mommy chores!

Genejosh said...

love the photos...

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History

onlinemommy said...

Mommy Enchie, kung natuloy pala kami las friday sa QC Memorial Circle, we might bump with each other pala hehehe...

☆Willa☆ said...

what a nice way to spend a great weekend with your family. Tagal ko na rin na hindi nakapunta sa QC Circle. I love riding bikes there.
WeekendSnapshot

Juliana RW said...

Looks, you have a wonderful weekend.

My entry this week: Me and Obama. I hope that you can stop by as well. Thanks

joy said...

hi enchie! ang haba nga ng bakasyon niyo. na miss ko tuloy yung QC Circle, last year pa yata yung last na punta ko dun. my brother and I used to go there every sunday to do taebo aerobic exercise kaya lang tinamad na yung kapatide kaya wala na akong kasama pumunta dun.ang sarap sigurong bumalik ulit.

Hazel said...

Long weekends with food and family intact are always the real deal!

jennyL said...

sarap pag mahaba ang bakasyon ano. more time with the family. have a great week

Jacris said...

Wonderful weekend mommy Enhie and good luck to your sister in her entrance exam...btw I have an award for you http://emotemylife.blogspot.com/2009/06/creative-mom-blogger-award.html

Marites1034 said...

looks like you had a blast on your weekend. really cool. my WS is up too.

nurseabie said...

A Happy Family..

EastCoastLife said...

Happy 111th Philippine Independence Day!
4 days of holiday, that's a dream for me. :)

luna miranda said...

looks like you did have a wonderful weekend with your family. i love your photos, especially the oblation shot. good luck to your sister!

Chris said...

i have something for you at http://www.mommyjourney.com/2009/06/old-and-new-treasures.html

Karen said...

Nice photos with your kid and hubby. :D

Karen said...

oops my bad so sorry *photos

Seiko said...

You're really Blessed for having a sweet hubby like yours & who can able giving you a hand to cary all those purchase.I like your photos here especially the shots w/ the 3 of you.Btw,goodluck to your sisters exam.God Bless!

Beth said...

Hi Enchie,
We used to go to Quezon Circle on weekends when we were still living in Tandang Sora. I really love that place! The Max's Resto, the memorial, the grass, etc. I miss it talaga...

Race said...

sarap ng weekend (hindi lang sa commercial ng ice cream) looks like you've rounded up many places ha! nice weekend talaga!

Adrian said...

nice pics po :)

Mys said...

i am definitely missing upd now. wah.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS