Mommy Moments---Preggy Days

06 February 2009

mommy moments
What can I say...it is the most precious and wonderful thing I have experienced my whole life. I was studying nursing when I got pregnant. I was exposed to several contagious diseases, nobody knew from my group that there was a little one inside me (except for a very close friend). At 2 months, I went on duty at San Lazaro Hospital looking after moms affected with measles. It's a good thing Rachel (my good friend) was also my groupmate. Our clinical instructor didn't know that she was helping me out with my patients. I had to take the risk and finish the semester. It's going to be more complicated if I told everyone. Everything on the way is going to be more stressful.

at 3 months

It was a relief when the semester finally ended. My husband took me to Tagaytay to unwind and relax. This was me at 3 months. I had a hard time with the morning sickness and all. I craved for the weirdest combination ever (green mango with shrimp paste and chocolate ice cream). I became cranky too, I also had stomach cramps that made me worry for the baby. As explained by my doctor, the cramps was caused by stress, assuming that it was school related. Since Nursing is my second course, I decided not to continue and concentrate on my family.

me at 6 months

Thats what you will get if you keep on eating, a big tummy. (kidding) Living in the very same condo where we're living right now. I am grateful to have a loving and sweet in- laws. They took care of me. They gave me the best on everything I needed.

and at 9 months
This was taken at St. Lukes Medical Center. I was being prepared for the labor room. My mom and dad was also there with me monitoring the baby. It was the day everyone was waiting for...My father-in-law gave me 2 dozens of fresh roses, my room was located right beside the presidential suite and it was also my first time to be confined. I was actually the patient, not the nurse.
I want to know your story and see pictures from your preggy days. Join Us at http://www.mommyjourney.com/
It's friday once again...Have a fun weekend everyone!

29 comments:

liza said...

It's good that nothing happened to you and your baby during that critical stage. Delikado pa naman and measles. I love the last photo, nakasmile pa kahit labor na, hehe.

Btw, you have been awarded. Please grab it here.

Cheers!

GAGAY said...

mommy enchie! at least, you and your baby are still ok...

masakit ba ang delivery?LOL!

gagay

J@n!ce said...

My preggie photos are really ugly. I see that you didn't change much except the tummy of course. I was really thin before I had Zac. So you can imagine how much I bloated during preggie & after giving birth. Strangers thought that I'm still 5 mths preggie after I've delivered after 3 mths later. So sad then !! :):)

Elizabeth said...

you are one very much loved mom-to-be that time! super thoughtful naman ng inlaws mo!

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

preggy days were the happy and tough days of our lives.

Tetcha said...

Hi, Enchie!

It's a good thing both you and your baby were okay after your duty at San Lazaro. And you looked happy before giving birth. I couldn't say the same for myself. I was afraid of going under the knife again after my open-head surgery in 2004. Nice photos! Mine is up, too.

Ann said...

don't love being pregnant surrounded by people who loves you dearly? Your in-laws are so sweet. Wish my IL's were like them.

abie said...

Its a very good thing that both of you are okay..Wow!You're so lucky to have in-laws that is very supportive and loving.Treat you like their own daughter.

Enchie said...

thanks liza for the award. will grab it for the weekend :)

Enchie said...

Hi gagay,thanks again for the visit! i have to say that the pain was not as much...kudos to my nurse and doctor!

pehpot said...

at naka smile pa din LOL

that is real weird! I can't think of green mangoes with ice cream haha. I don't have much food cravings when I was pregnnat.. I am more on the morning sickness
side hehe

buti naman walang nngyari when you are exposed to patients..

at your last photo, you seem to be so excited.

the daily said...

you looks nervous on last photo...

My entry for MM this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

niko said...

blooming ka magbuntis ench!! i think dapat na talga sundan si franky!!! :D

heheh

Enchie said...

Hi janice! I was also big after i gave birth, actually until now. I wasn't able to bring back the 'ol body back. I just look thin in my photos, but im big in person.

Enchie said...

Thanks Beth and MaryAnn for the lovely message. Yeah, I am blessed to have such wonderful in laws. And I know you do too :)

Enchie said...

Thanks ladies! as much as I wanted to thank each one, my hands are full today. will be visiting your sites soon :)

EastCoastLife said...

You look radiant in the last photo!
I'm way passed being pregnant. No more babies, waiting for grandkids.

It's lovely to have supportive and loving in-laws. :)

pehpot said...

you are so right about that.. mabuti nga t nauso na ang maternity style clothes eh.. e di pa clothes that are intended for maternity use are quite expensive.. at least you can buy a lot of maternity clothes na pede pa rin gamitn after giving birth and the price is good. hehe

Evan's Mom said...

You're blessed with caring husband, family and in laws :)

I feel sorry for mine and everybody else around me on those days, including my boss, I was too moody! They must had been swallowed everything I said or did, lol.

Have a good weekend momma :)

Twinkie said...

Hello Enchie!

I admire your will power to go on and finish the course. God's definitely with you by sending an angel that is Rachel.

I know what you mean by having wonderful in-laws, it makes everything bearable and easier diba?

You're one magandang buntis you! Hihi!

Chris said...

pretty mommy ka talaga! :)

you are right, having supportive in-laws is a BIG blessing!

thanks for supporting mommy moments weekly!

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Love the pictures! So great you had friends and family helping you, they are very important! :)

Jona said...

kakaiba ang first tri mo huh! God really doesn't give us something we can't overcome :) he protected you and your baby.
mine's up too :)

Umma said...

Wow.. kahit nasa labor room na, all smiles pa rin ang beauty natin Mommy Ench hahaha... I like that picture.

Mom of Four said...

Wow naman, bakit kapag ako buntis eh lagi akong nakasimangot, kasi naman ang hirap na maglihi ang hirap pa matulog..I never had any picture na naka smile, wahhh..Great photos Mommy Enchie.

a boy's mom said...

hi enchie, cool pics..esp the one in the labor room..at least you still had the grace to pose and smile :)

Azumi's Mum said...

your first 2 months was a bit scary.. good thing you now have ur healthy, cute & adorable kid =)

kikamz said...

so you were a nursing student before? that was risky to be pregnant and be with sick people too. buti naman di ka nahawa ench. cguro, malakas resistensya mo kaya di ka agad nagkakasakit. ang laki pala ng tummy mo ench when you were at full term na no? pero di ka man lang lumaki. good for you! your in-laws were very sweet too. hugs!

{ Jhari } said...

hehehe! cute ng baby bump mo ate. mine's up na rin. :) take a peek of me being preggy din, hehehe!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS