Weekend Snapshot---Wasabi Mushroom

08 December 2008




This is the main highlight of my weekend. We had dinner at Bubble Tea last Saturday after shopping for some gifts. I ordered sushi/ California Maki. Comes with the plate are some red ginger (yummy!) the main dish and a mushroom shaped wasabi. Why the main highlight? Well, I fell for one of my husband's pranks again. I accidentally ate the whole stem-shaped part (maybe a some of the mushroom head too). It was really haevy, that I teared immediately. I had colds that time, but after struggling from it's spiking taste, I felt something cool inside and in an instant, my colds were gone.

I find it cute and funny for something that has a "I can't explain" flavor, yet gives you refreshing and tingling sensation. Well, it's one of my favorites now...My husband blends it well with the sushi sauce.

WASABI: Known as "Japanese horseradish", its root is used as a spice and has an extremely strong flavor. Its hotness is more akin to that of a hot mustard than the capsaicin in a chili pepper, producing vapors that irritate the nasal passages more than the tongue. -wiki-
Have a great week everyone!
17 days before Christmas!
Big Hugs!

8 comments:

Umma said...

hello Mommy Ench.. kakainggit ang beauty mo dear.. you're always out eating and shopping hahahah

So u ate the washabi, I could relate to ur feeling bec its kind of undescribable spicy on it but its good though once u mix it with the sushi sauce.
It makes the sushi taste better.

Nanaybelen said...

amazing... your cold gone instantly.
I used to hear about sushi- can cures any diseases.

Dora said...

Wow! That's spicy! ;P

Jes said...

i dont eat wasabe pero mukha syang msarap, nde ko kasi sya nai imagine n maanghang, parng matamis lang hehehe =)salamat sa dalaw!

FickleMinded said...

wasabi,I want to try it sometimes,
thanks for stopping by.
WS:Snowangel

eds said...

This looks hot but delish! lol! Happy WS! :)

Eds said...

Opps here's my entry/;

http://www.mypreciousniche.com/2008/12/ws-dream-match.html

Yen said...

Yummy! Glad you had a fun weekend,Enchie! Thanks for the stop by..

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS