13 December 2008

Toy Hunt---Our Christmas Tree


My Saturday Toy Hunt entry for more Christmas Decorations/Toys...
It's a mid-sized tree for a mid-sized condo. From Gold and Red, we decided to change the theme to Blue and Silver. A little story. Because I, myself didn't understand at first why my other half wanted to change the colors. As explained, we lost a loved one early this year. His father. I can say that he has been a perfect father-in-law to me. And our hearts are still grieving with the loss. Honestly, we were set to spend the holidays in Atlanta. Being together with the rest of the family will somehow mend everything... But life got in the way, my husband couldn't file for a 2 month leave. The company needs him, it's our bread & butter so we had to cancel. I'm sorry to make this entry a bit on the sad side.
Moving on! :)Today, my Christmas shopping officially ended. Last gift I bought was for my husband ;)
I was very tired the whole week trying to finish everything. I wasn't even able to plan things to buy for myself.
Well, it didn't really matter, because i got the best gift even before Christmas. (my dslr)
Nothing more to ask for, next year na lang. he!he!he!
Have a great weekend everyone!style="text-align: justify;">
11 days before Christmas!
Big Hugs!

16 comments:

Jes said...

woah! you have your entry already! =)

Enchie said...

Kamusta naman! advance. Busy day tomorrow kasi...he!he!he!

Liza said...

it's blue! i like it :D

i have posted the chocolate tag..
http://liz.mommyslittlecorner.com/2008/12/101-chocoholic.html

thanks and have a happy weekend.

Heather said...

I love the blue an silver style. I had tried that a couple of years ago but ended up throwing everything on it, Including a slew of Webkins by the time Christmas came around.
Thank you for stopping by. Happy weekend

Norm said...

what a pretty Christmas tree! dami mo ng regalo dyan, Merry Christmas..

Enchie said...

Thanks ladies for the visit ;)

Umma said...

Good to know you are done Xmas shopping now Mommy Enchie, me Im still contemplating if we are going to buy this weekend or we just get them a gift card so its more easier hehehe

Jes said...

your xmas tree is rare hehehe =) i havent seen blue xmas tree yet! and its cute and unique!

Enchie said...

Hi Umma! I had to finish everything. Ayoko sumabay sa mga shoppers a week before xmas. especially next weekend. Alam mo naman dito sa Philippines masikip.

Enchie said...

Hi Jes! Blue and Silver, made xmas more modern. It's the colors of the Millenium.

Joy said...

Hi Enchie..... Blue Christams is "in" here in OZ,,, especially the blue Christmas Lights!!!!! they're nice to see... I told my hubby that next year I am going to buy blue lights ,, they look classy!!!
anyway.. have lovely weekend...

pining said...

what a lovely tree :-)
and I love the color motiff, very modern and contemporary.

Twinkie said...

Hello Enchie!

The story behind your tree's color motif is really touching. I'm sure your late FIL is smiling on that thoughtful gesture.

I'm done with Christmas shopping too! Sarap ng feeling noh?

Kainan na lang ang iisipin! Hehe!

People with Cameras said...

When I first saw the photo I thought, 'wow - I love the blue!' and now after reading your post I think it's very special.

Dora said...

There's a lot of blue items on ur X'mas tree. U like blue? :)

Enchie said...

Hi Dora! yes I do like blue :)