MyPromiseForTheDay---Comforting_Wednesday

17 December 2008

A Mother's Heart Reflects God's--- Comfort
photo
As one whom her Mother comforts, so You will comfort me; and I shall be comforted.
- Isaiah 66:13-

God does not comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters.
-John Henry Jowett-

I just read a blog entry from one of my blogmates. Read here.

Parenting brought a lot of change in me as an individual and as a wife. I never thought I will come to a point where I will completely forget about myself just to give way, "comfort" to my child/family. As an old Filipino saying goes "Isusubo mo na lang, ibibigay mo pa". And yes, it humbled me to appreciate my life's over-all purpose. I found one of the meanings I'm looking for.

My Promise: Being one of God's comforters...

4 comments:

Umma said...

Mommy Ench, thanks for putting the link to my baby's blog ha?

Same here, my dear motherhood really brought me to be more caring and passionate person. Always family comes first.

Chris said...

what a nice entry :)

Enchie said...

Thank you ladies! I'm sure happy to have met you guys :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful post. It's so true how kids change your life as well as you as a person. My little one sure has. I can't imagine my life without her. She is the joy of my life. Thanks for sharing.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS